With barbecue season officially underway, it’s time for a little common sense reminder. Don't put the barbecue right next to the house. This goes double if you live if you live in an apartment because there are all those other apartments adjacent to yours and the whole thing is likely to go up like a Chinese fireworks factory.
Some cook-out enthusiasts in Sunnyvale, CA learned that lesson the hard way this weekend when their balcony weenie roast turned into a three-alarm fire seriously damaging all eighteen apartments in their building. Their neighbors are really pissed. Not only do they have to find a new place to live, but they weren't even invited to the party.